My Top 25 Strains in the PA Medical Marijuana Program Part 1

As of February 2024, I have tried over 200 strains in the PA Medical Marijuana program. Here is a list of my top 25 strains of all time (including some you may not see anymore). I will start by saying I usually prefer indica or indica-dominant hybrids because I use cannabis for mainly for anxiety. This is part one. Part two will be posted later this week.


25. Birthday Cake - Grassroots



Barely making the list is Birthday Cake by Grassroots. This indica strain was once in my top 10 but has fallen out due to the number of amazing new strains. This classic strain has a sweet taste and is great for relaxing. This is hands down my favorite RSO in the program.


24. Melon Juice - Organic Remedies


Melon Juice is an indica strain from Organic Remedies that has a sweet watermelon rind taste. This is the best strain for relaxing by the pool with a cocktail.


23. Castle Rock Cherries - Calypso


One of the few hybrids to make my list, Castle Rock Cherries is a great fruity strain from Calypso. While it is not my favorite Calypso fruit strain, it still is very relaxing with a hint of creativity and euphoria. 


22. Grape Slice - The Bank


One of the few strains from The Bank that isn't mediocre is Grape Slice. This hybrid strain is their version of Grape Pie, and it has very euphoric, balanced effects. This is my favorite concentrate from The Lab


21. Blue Cheese - Penn Health Group



Blue Cheese by Penn Health Group has to be one of the funkiest tasting strains I've ever had. It smells strongly of skunk and is super relaxing and euphoric. 


20. Bubba Diagonal - Grassroots



Bubba Diagonal has one of my favorite terpene profiles of any strain with it's large content of Linalool. This strain is one of the best I have found for my anxiety. The flavor is a bit too citrusy for me, but the RSO was one of my favorite RSOs in the program.


19. Banana OG - Moxie


Banana OG is a tropical hybrid strain that feels relaxing with a dash of euphoria. The tropical, earthy taste always has me buying it.


18. Elegant Orb - Cresco


Elegant Orb is an indica strain that is cross of Gelato and Grandpa's Breath. This strain has an earthy, fruity taste, feels happy, and leaves you couch-locked.


17. Petrol Pine - Cresco


Petrol Pine from Cresco in an indica strain that is a cross of MAC and Gelato. Weirdly this strain does not taste of pine, but rather has a gassy, floral taste. Petrol Pine usually has high amounts of Myrcene, amplifying the sedating effects.


16. Fruit Pie - Calypso



Fruit Pie is an amazing indica that crosses Wedding Pie and Lemon Lime Orange Apricot making it a super fruity strain. A great strain for relaxing without being super sedated.


Check out part 2 here.





Previous Post Next Post